Friday, October 5, 2012

Prayer Requests

Next Wednesday, I am scheduled to have a surgical procedure at MD Anderson. We would appreciate the prayers of anyone who feels lead to join us.

My doctor described this as "an inherently risky, but necessary procedure" that will hopefully provide us with a more complete diagnosis. I am blessed to have a medical team that is world renowned and I know that God has provided for my every need.

Please pray specifically that there are no complications from the biopsy part of the procedure. The pancreas is extremely sensitive and can respond negatively to being biopsied. My mass is considered large and therefore is more likely to cause problems. There is a risk of having an acute attack of pancreatisis after this procedure. This is a serious condition that can sometimes require admission to ICU. Please also pray that I do not hemorrhage. I have a history of  hemorrhaging during surgery. There has been a problem with bleeding in every surgery that I have ever had.

Every step of the past few weeks has been deliberately set before me. I have been at peace and am certain that this will work out for good. First and foremost, my prayer is that God will be glorified in this. I am so humbled by the love and support of all my friends. This morning, I woke up and felt a peace that completely enveloped me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is the prayers of all of you.

2 Comments:

At October 7, 2012 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Robert E. La Quey said...

Hello Ruthie,

I admire your courage and testimony. We agree about very little except this. We each have our own truth. I do respect your truth and hope and pray every night for your improvement.

You have all of the love I can give you. I will ask my many friends who share your faith to pray for you.

Tell Mark I miss our conversations.

I hope to be back in the USA for mom's 101 birthday October 15th. I have passport problems and may be late. But I shall return.

I love you very much,

Uncle Bob

 
At October 11, 2012 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Joy said...

Praying for you, sweet friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home